Racking system Inspections focus on two main areas: damage concerns and protection recommendations. Specifically, the degree and type of damage is identified in order to determine whether repair or replacement is needed. Upon inspection completion, you’ll be provided with repair and ongoing protection recommendations.
Here are some recommendations to ensure you manage your Shelving and Racking effectively;
- Have your racking inspected at least annually.
- Ensure you have local or online access to your racking inspection report/s.
- Have all of your racking related documentation within easy access.
- Have documentation to demonstrate that your staff have been trained to use the equipment on site safely and to the guidelines as recommended by the OEM.
- Have records to demonstrate that your staff know how to safely work around racking and they have received ongoing training.
- Document actions made to resolve racking repairs reported as damaged, requiring repair or replacement by Rack Auditors.
- Have a racking inspection and repair program in place that you can demonstrate.
- Have Safe Work Load Boards prominently displayed.
- Ensure that your staff know what the load capacity is for each racking system present at the site.
- Ensure there is a system in place to report racking damage.